- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
HC stays contempt proceedings against UP officials
Allahabad:The Allahabad High Court on Thursday stayed the contempt proceedings against UP Chief Secretary Javed Usmani and other officials for their alleged failure to comply with the November 8, 2012, order directing Noida Chairman Rakesh Bahadur and then CEO Sanjeev Saran be removed from their posts. Saran was transferred on January 16, Bahadur remained in his post. The court has now prevented Bahadur from using his financial powers or taking any policy decision until the state's review application, being heard by a division bench, is disposed of.
Semi-naked, partly burnt body of woman found
New Delhi:The semi-naked and partially burnt body of a young woman in Outer Delhi on Thursday. Police were told about the body lying in Lal Bagh quarters, Vijay Vihar near Rohini, at 9 am. "She seems to be in her early 20s. She was wearing a pair of black leggings. The face of the victim was burnt to prevent identification," a senior police officer said. Police said the woman had a tattoo on her right arm that had been cut out with a blunt object.
Six-year-old raped in Sultanpuri, man held
New Delhi:A six-year-old girl was physically assaulted and raped allegedly by a 20-year-old in Sultanpuri, Outer Delhi, on Wednesday evening. The girl parents filed a police complaint. After a medical examination confirmed rape, Shailendra Kumar was arrested, police said. "Kumar raped her and beat her up. He also threatened to kill her," police said.