City bus service completes a year
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
It was time for celebrations for the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation as the City Bus Service completed one year of service on Friday. Not only did the civic body make special arrangements to celebrate the success, it also distributed invitation cards to celebrate the birthday of the bus service.
Talking to Newsline, Baljeet Singh, manager of the Bus Service, in an ecstatic mood, said, "We are celebrating as the bus service got an overwhelming response from the city. Guru Granth Sahib Path was started at our city bus office and free langar was distributed the whole day. All are invited to the bhog ceremony of path on Saturday."
Singh added that 'a positive image for the Bus Service in the mind of residents has been created due to the services provided in one year and another fleet of 20 new buses will join the existing 20 by March this year. The route for the 20 new buses is still to be decided. 11 buses are expected to arrive first."
He further said that 'the total of 200 buses as per the final project will be on roads by October this year."