City Crime Branch gets Dawood gang member on transit warrant
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Ahmedabad Crime Branch brought Brajesh Singh, a member of the Dawood Ibrahim gang, from Uttar Pradesh on a transfer warrant in the early hours of Wednesday. Brajesh is reportedly wanted in three major arms and murder cases in the state.
DCP Crime Branch Himanshu Shukla said: "Brajesh was a partner of Dawood Ibrahim for a long time. He is not a part of Latif gang as believed by many. He has been involved in three high profile cases in Gujarat."
Brajesh is wanted in the AK-47 rifles case of Jharania village in 1995, in which slain gangster Sohrabuddin Sheikh was allegedly accused of possessing 40 AK-47 rifles in his house. He is also involved in the Radhika Gymkhana shootout of 1993 and a murder case in Mehsana in 1992.
Shukla said: "Brajesh had collected two AK-47 rifles from Sohrabuddin, who had stored 40 rifles in his house. He was not involved in either procuring it or storing it in Sohrabuddin's house. He had merely collected the rifles for a crime. He was one of the shooters in the Radhika Gymkhana shootout case."
Nine people were killed in the shootout at the gymkhana when Latif gang members reportedly stormed the place to kill a bootleggar named Hansraj Trivedi.
The police said, Brajesh, who belongs to UP, came to Gujarat in 1992 to avenge the murder of his father.
A local from Mehsana killed his father over some personal rivalry. Brajesh came to Mehsana and killed this man who was working as a small-time fruit seller. He was reportedly seen by the Mehsana policemen while committing the crime and also shot at a policeman when they tried to arrest him.Crime Branch officers said Brajesh was absconding for the last 18 years. The police have secured a 13-day remand for further investigation.
- Modi govt abetted and pushed 2002 riots further, we didnâ€™t in â€™84:Â Rahul
- Rahul gifts his land near Vadraâ€™s in Haryana village to sisterÂ Priyanka
- Indiaâ€™s biggest failing | The Indian Express
- Hrithik Roshan, Hrithik Roshan Bang Bang, Hrithik Roshan starts shooting, Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif, Katrina Kaif bang bang | The Indian Express