City feels the chill at 7.9°C, temperature to dip further
- BJP unhappy over Gadkari-Raj meeting, says it's a closed chapter
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Special circumstances forced govt to take ordinance route: Salman Khurshid
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
On Monday, the Met department recorded a minimum temperature of 7.9 degrees celsius for the city which was 6.4 degrees below normal. The last time the city witnessed this temperature around this time was on November 30, 1975.
With cold wave conditions persisting in Pune and Madhya Maharashtra, the temperature is likely to dip further in these areas. "The temperature has dipped because of cold northerlies, clear skies and no moisture incursion,'' said PCS Rao, director, (weather central), IMD.
He said similar low temperatures were observed in the past when temperatures hovered around 7-8 degrees. However, in the past the city has also seen temperatures around 6 degrees.
On November 28, 1984, the minimum temperature recorded was 6.2 degrees and on November 23, 1981, it was 6.8 degrees. The lowest ever for the month stands at 4.6 degrees recorded on November 27, 1964.
The past decade has recorded a little over 8 degrees, with November 23, 2007 and November 22, 2005 recording 8.3 degrees.
"While it was 8 degrees on November 27, 1993, it was 8.2 degrees on November 30 November 1988 and 7.1 degrees on November 4, 1983," said Rao.
Last year, the lowest temperature recorded in November was 10.7 degrees on November 18.
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for ‘Hindu-Muslim’ unity
- Villagers pay back Surat teacher in cash and kind
- ‘Hope Afridi’s last over sixes vs India leave a lasting impact like Miandad’s’
- Mulayam puts Akhilesh ministers on notice: ‘Mend your ways or lose job’
- Rehman’s believe-it-or-not: 8 runs from 0 balls
- Modi full of lies, deceit: Maya