City girl fulfills Army dream, to train at OTA, Chennai
- MiG-27 crashes in Jodhpur; pilots safe, two houses damaged
- Worst in US history: How the Orlando shooting unfolded
- Firm Amitabh Bachchan denied link to acquired ship from his brother
- Delhi: Two killed as speeding car rams into pedestrians in Janakpuri
- Kairana migration: UP govt should take responsibility, says Kiren Rijiju
Maitreyi Rajaram Dandekar, 22, a resident of Deccan Gymkhana, has joined the Army, fulfilling her cherished dream. She has been selected to train as a cadet at the Officers Training Academy (OTA) in Chennai under the Short Service Commission Women (Non-Tech)- 11 Course.
Dandekar, who cleared the CDS exam and was placed 33rd on the merit list, has to report for training at the OTA by April 25.
Dandekar completed Class X from Rani Laxmibai Mulinchi Sainiki Shala securing 81.73% marks in the board exams in 2006.
She joined SP College from where she scored 75.17% in the Class XII Board in 2008. She completed graduation from Fergusson College in 2011 with specialisation in Zoology and secured 79.58% marks. She was pursuing MSc (Biodiversity) at Garware College, when she passed the CDS test.
Dandekar had been active in sports right through her school and college days. She was part of the kho-kho and kabaddi teams in school and is a black belt in karate.
She has participated at the national karate championship and has undergone basic mountaineering course in Manali. While studying in Class XI, she had participated in Enduro3 Adventure race and was teamed up with NDA boys. She was the youngest participant of the open mix category and was instrumental in powering her team to the second spot.
In college, she had participated in K2S night adventure race where she secured first position in the all-girls category.
- Analysts have made too much of a deal of the GDP growth in the fourth quarter
- The fight against malnutrition depends on more than economic growth
- Why India is one of the most harrowing places in the world to be a pedestrian
- Laws that accord secondary status to women need to be reformed
- I found the purpose that keeps me on my toes when I first walked into a boxing gym
- It's good that Rajan has cleared some of the mist and myth surrounding the GDP numbers