City Lights: Housing sales dip by 42% in NCR, 34% in Mumbai
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Housing sales dip by 42% in NCR, 34% in Mumbai
Housing sales fell by 42 per cent in the NCR during the first eight months of calendar 2012 and developers are looking at offloading their housing stocks in the festival season, according to realty research firm PropEquity. Mumbai Metropolitan Region and Bangalore markets, too, witnessed drop in absorption of housing units at 34 per cent and three per cent, respectively, during the period compared with the year-ago period. The real estate data analytics and research firm, attributed the fall in absorption in these markets to lack of demand from investors in the uncertain economic situation.
Hong Kong's Causeway Bay priciest retail area
New York's Fifth Avenue ends its 11-year run as the world's most expensive retail area, dethroned by Hong Kong's Causeway Bay, according to a survey by real estate services company Cushman & Wakefield. The average retail real estate rent in the Causeway Bay shopping area surged 34.9 per cent from a year earlier to an annual $2,630 per square foot.
Eldeco launches project in Noida
Real estate developer Eldeco has launched 'Eldeco Aamantran' in Sector 119, Noida. The development spanning 8.5 acres offer 449 apartments ranging between 1,095 sq ft to 3,000 sq ft and come in 2,3 and 4BHK configurations. Prices vary from Rs 48.85 lakh to R1.75 crore. Possession for some towers has commenced, while the entire project would be handed over by March 2013.
Supertech launches luxury project in Noida
Realty firm Supertech has launched a luxury villa project 'Supertech Ritz Chateaux' in Sector 74, Noida. The development would feature limited edition villas offering premium appointments in two sizes 367 sq yards and 660 sq yards. Prices start at R12 crore.
Homestead launches luxury project
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness