City records coldest day of season
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
Kolkata recorded the lowest temperature of season so far with mercury dipping to 12 degree Celsius on Sunday — two degree Celsius below the normal. Temperature in Purulia and Ayodhya dropped to 7.2 and 5.7 degrees Celsius respectively. According to the Met office forecast for the next 48 hours, there may be slight increase in temperature, but the cold weather looks set to stay till Christmas. Meanwhile seven long-distance trains, including Kalka Mail , Amritsar Mail, started late due to the fog.
Bangla nationals enter Nadia village, attack house
Krishnagar: A group of people from Bangladesh allegedly attacked a villager at his house in a place close to the border in Nadia district and beat him in the early hours on Sunday. Police said one of the intruders was caught and beaten severely by residents of Betai-Bishtunagar village in the Tehatta police station area. Both were rushed to Shaktinagar District Hospital in Krishnagar, Nadia Police Superintendent, Sabyasachi Raman Mishra said.