City residents toy drive bring smiles to underprivileged children
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
To make this Christmas Day special for the underprivileged children and celebrate the festival of joy in its true meaning, a handful of city residents have joined hands and organised a toy drive to bring smiles on faces of poor children.
The social platform called 'Ludhiana Cares' is requesting all the young city residents to donate their old, worn-out, discarded and even new toys which will be collected, washed and then distributed among the unprivileged children to 'make Christmas special for them.'
Manmeet Sodhia, one of the organisers of the drive, said, "So many toys in our home lie wasted. Children play one time and throw them but every kid is not that fortunate. If your useless toys can bring smile on a less privileged childs' face then what is wrong in that? Everyone should come forward and be a part of this toy drive."
The toys which will be collected at different centers in Ludhiana on December 16,17 and 18 will be distributed among the kids at Aanganwaadi schools, National Child Labor schools and other slum areas schools, told the organisers to Ludhiana Newsline.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer