City revels in the spirit of Christmas
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A massive 201-feet-long cake was cut on the occasion of Christmas at the Chandigarh Winter Carnival at the Sector 34 Fair Ground on Wednesday.
Participants and winners at the Asia-Pacific Regional Games of Special Olympics, held at Newcastle in Australia from December 1 to 6, were the special invitees at the cake-cutting ceremony. The cutting of the cake marked the beginning of the 13-day carnival, where the organisers broke their own record of slicing a 151-feet long cake last year.
The carnival is slated to have handicrafts and handlooms from tribal belts of Kinnuar and Kullu on sale by 25 exhibitors from Him Bunkar, Himachal Pradesh.
Around 70 stalls showcasing electronics, engineering and automobiles, home furnishings, home decor and apparel have been put up at the carnival. Also, city residents can savour food from Punjab, Rajasthan and Gujarat at the carnival.