City revels in the spirit of Christmas
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Uma stands by 'Modi not a good orator' remark, Congress rallies behind Rahul in Amethi
- Buses go off road in Mumbai as drivers, conductors strike against long duty hours
- Narendra Modi has deep character flaws... wouldâve fought in Varanasi if I knew Hindi: PC
- India-US chill claims Nancy Powellâs job
- US visa ban on Narendra Modi to be lifted if he becomes PM: Report
A massive 201-feet-long cake was cut on the occasion of Christmas at the Chandigarh Winter Carnival at the Sector 34 Fair Ground on Wednesday.
Participants and winners at the Asia-Pacific Regional Games of Special Olympics, held at Newcastle in Australia from December 1 to 6, were the special invitees at the cake-cutting ceremony. The cutting of the cake marked the beginning of the 13-day carnival, where the organisers broke their own record of slicing a 151-feet long cake last year.
The carnival is slated to have handicrafts and handlooms from tribal belts of Kinnuar and Kullu on sale by 25 exhibitors from Him Bunkar, Himachal Pradesh.
Around 70 stalls showcasing electronics, engineering and automobiles, home furnishings, home decor and apparel have been put up at the carnival. Also, city residents can savour food from Punjab, Rajasthan and Gujarat at the carnival.
- As campaigning picks up, candidates focus on strength areas of rivals
- 143 restaurants offer 30% discount to voters on April 30
- Auto union strike: Drivers demand Tricity permit
- RO serves Pawan Bansal show-cause notice
- BJP releases ‘chargesheet’ listing 16 Cong ‘scams’
- From mobile apps to post cards to call centres, parties go all out to woo voters