City round up
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
Smriti Mehra takes lead
Continuing from where she left off, Smriti Mehra carded a two-under 68 in the first round of the third leg of Hero Women's Pro golf tour 2013 to grab sole lead at the Bombay Presidency Golf Club here. At the end of the first round, Smriti was three shots ahead of Sharmila Nicollet. Smriti had a shaky start with bogeys on the first and third holes while the birdies on the second, fourth, 17th and 18th holes ensured her stay at the top.
Sharmila played a steady front nine but faltered on the back nine, with bogeys on the 11th, 14th and 16th holes. Her birdies on the 15th and 18th holes helped her finish second with a score of one-over 71. Rani Sonti, with three birdies on the 5th, 16th and 18th, finished third with a score of three over 73.
Neha Tripathi, winner of the first leg of the Hero WPGT 2013, started with consecutive birdies on the first and second holes but failed to capitalize on her good start and finished fourth with a score of five over 75. Preetinder Kaur (76) was placed fifth after the first round and Mita Gowande (77) finished sixth.
Nico Gonsalves nets two for MU
Nico Gonsalves' double strikes were the highlight of Mumbai United's 3-0 win over Indian Cultural League in a Super Division match of the Mumbai District Football Association (MDFA) League, at the Poinsur Gymkhana ground on Tuesday evening. Nigerian Uzor Uchenna netted the third goal. In another encounter, Renaissance SC recorded an identical 3-0 win against Mumbai Port Trust. Lodrson Soares, Jervis Fernandes and Claudius Fernandes were on target for the victors.
Results: At Poinsur Gymkhana ground – Super Div: Mumbai United 3 (Nico Gonsalves 2, Uzor Uchenna) bt Indian Cultural League 0; Renaissance SC 3 (Lodrson Soares, Jervis Fernandes, Claudius Fernandes) bt Mumbai Port Trust 0.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students