city round-up: High five for Scottish
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
Bombay Scottish crushed St Stanislaus with a 5-0 win in a Mumbai Schools Sports Association (MSSA) boys' under-14 Division II playoff encounter at the Castrol-MSSA centre in Azad Maidan on Tuesday. Bhavya Jain, D Verma, Siddarth M, Aryan Singh and Ishaan B all struck a goal each as Scottish left Stanislaus completely devastated. St Xavier's High School though had to endure a nervous penalty shootout to outlast St Pius X from Mulund. Aarat Majithia, Sahil Khan, Santosh Hariram and Rohit Gharat were on target for Xavier's while only Rahul Johny and Sahil Shetty could convert their penalties for St Pius.
Dadar's DYPA, meanwhile, too won in style, dismantling the Christ Church defense in a Division III playoff, winning easy with a 6-0 margin. Rohan Shukla was the star as he netted four goals to go with a brace from Atharva Rana. Gokuldham High School from Goregaon and St Joseph from Vikhroli were involved in a nail-biting contest that eventually ended 3-2 in the favour of the former. Dhruvmil Pandya netted a brace with Sahil Deepak scoring the third goal for Gokuldham while two goals from Regan Raj proved to be in vain for St Joseph.
Results: B-14-II-POL: Bombay Scottish (Mahim) 5 (Bhavya Jain, D Verma, Siddarth M, Aryan Singh, Ishaan B) bt St Stanislaus (Bandra) 0; B-14-II-POL: St Xavier's H S (Borivali) 4 (Aarat Majithia, Sahil Khan, Santosh Hariram, Rohit Gharat) bt St Pius X (Mulund) 2 (Rahul Johny, Sahil Shetty) via tie-breaker; B-14-III-POL: DPYA (Dadar) 6 (Rohan Shukla 4, Atharva Rana 2) bt Christ Church (Byculla) 0; B-14-III-POL: Gokuldham H S (Goregaon) 3 (Dhruvmil Pandya 2, Sahil Deepak) bt St Joseph (Vikhroli) 2 (Regan Raj 2); B-14-III-POL: St Pauls (Dadar) 4 (Sahil Hate, Shivam Patkar, Ranson Patel, Alistar Pereira) bt ANZA (Byculla) 3 (Ansari Anas 2, Ansari Kamran); B-16-IV-POL: Maulana Azad (Byculla) 5 (Ansari Adil, Khan M, Khan Kaleem, Ansari Muqueem, Ansari Owais) bt Fatima H S (Vidyavihar) 3 (Menezes Leander, Madassery Paulson, Nirbhavane Sidhant) via tie-breaker; B-16-IV-POL: R N Podar (SC) 6 (Mandan Dhyani 2, Pankaj Janikraman, Anirudha Nandi, Eshan Mehrotra) bt Oxford Public School (Kandivali) 1 (Pranav Parab) via tie-breaker.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages