city round-up: High five for Scottish
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Bombay Scottish crushed St Stanislaus with a 5-0 win in a Mumbai Schools Sports Association (MSSA) boys' under-14 Division II playoff encounter at the Castrol-MSSA centre in Azad Maidan on Tuesday. Bhavya Jain, D Verma, Siddarth M, Aryan Singh and Ishaan B all struck a goal each as Scottish left Stanislaus completely devastated. St Xavier's High School though had to endure a nervous penalty shootout to outlast St Pius X from Mulund. Aarat Majithia, Sahil Khan, Santosh Hariram and Rohit Gharat were on target for Xavier's while only Rahul Johny and Sahil Shetty could convert their penalties for St Pius.
Dadar's DYPA, meanwhile, too won in style, dismantling the Christ Church defense in a Division III playoff, winning easy with a 6-0 margin. Rohan Shukla was the star as he netted four goals to go with a brace from Atharva Rana. Gokuldham High School from Goregaon and St Joseph from Vikhroli were involved in a nail-biting contest that eventually ended 3-2 in the favour of the former. Dhruvmil Pandya netted a brace with Sahil Deepak scoring the third goal for Gokuldham while two goals from Regan Raj proved to be in vain for St Joseph.
Results: B-14-II-POL: Bombay Scottish (Mahim) 5 (Bhavya Jain, D Verma, Siddarth M, Aryan Singh, Ishaan B) bt St Stanislaus (Bandra) 0; B-14-II-POL: St Xavier's H S (Borivali) 4 (Aarat Majithia, Sahil Khan, Santosh Hariram, Rohit Gharat) bt St Pius X (Mulund) 2 (Rahul Johny, Sahil Shetty) via tie-breaker; B-14-III-POL: DPYA (Dadar) 6 (Rohan Shukla 4, Atharva Rana 2) bt Christ Church (Byculla) 0; B-14-III-POL: Gokuldham H S (Goregaon) 3 (Dhruvmil Pandya 2, Sahil Deepak) bt St Joseph (Vikhroli) 2 (Regan Raj 2); B-14-III-POL: St Pauls (Dadar) 4 (Sahil Hate, Shivam Patkar, Ranson Patel, Alistar Pereira) bt ANZA (Byculla) 3 (Ansari Anas 2, Ansari Kamran); B-16-IV-POL: Maulana Azad (Byculla) 5 (Ansari Adil, Khan M, Khan Kaleem, Ansari Muqueem, Ansari Owais) bt Fatima H S (Vidyavihar) 3 (Menezes Leander, Madassery Paulson, Nirbhavane Sidhant) via tie-breaker; B-16-IV-POL: R N Podar (SC) 6 (Mandan Dhyani 2, Pankaj Janikraman, Anirudha Nandi, Eshan Mehrotra) bt Oxford Public School (Kandivali) 1 (Pranav Parab) via tie-breaker.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?