city round-up: High five for Scottish
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- On Ambedkar Day, BJP says UPA favoured Muslims over Dalits
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi becoming PM is a fantasy, says Mamata; Varun files nomination
Bombay Scottish crushed St Stanislaus with a 5-0 win in a Mumbai Schools Sports Association (MSSA) boys' under-14 Division II playoff encounter at the Castrol-MSSA centre in Azad Maidan on Tuesday. Bhavya Jain, D Verma, Siddarth M, Aryan Singh and Ishaan B all struck a goal each as Scottish left Stanislaus completely devastated. St Xavier's High School though had to endure a nervous penalty shootout to outlast St Pius X from Mulund. Aarat Majithia, Sahil Khan, Santosh Hariram and Rohit Gharat were on target for Xavier's while only Rahul Johny and Sahil Shetty could convert their penalties for St Pius.
Dadar's DYPA, meanwhile, too won in style, dismantling the Christ Church defense in a Division III playoff, winning easy with a 6-0 margin. Rohan Shukla was the star as he netted four goals to go with a brace from Atharva Rana. Gokuldham High School from Goregaon and St Joseph from Vikhroli were involved in a nail-biting contest that eventually ended 3-2 in the favour of the former. Dhruvmil Pandya netted a brace with Sahil Deepak scoring the third goal for Gokuldham while two goals from Regan Raj proved to be in vain for St Joseph.
Results: B-14-II-POL: Bombay Scottish (Mahim) 5 (Bhavya Jain, D Verma, Siddarth M, Aryan Singh, Ishaan B) bt St Stanislaus (Bandra) 0; B-14-II-POL: St Xavier's H S (Borivali) 4 (Aarat Majithia, Sahil Khan, Santosh Hariram, Rohit Gharat) bt St Pius X (Mulund) 2 (Rahul Johny, Sahil Shetty) via tie-breaker; B-14-III-POL: DPYA (Dadar) 6 (Rohan Shukla 4, Atharva Rana 2) bt Christ Church (Byculla) 0; B-14-III-POL: Gokuldham H S (Goregaon) 3 (Dhruvmil Pandya 2, Sahil Deepak) bt St Joseph (Vikhroli) 2 (Regan Raj 2); B-14-III-POL: St Pauls (Dadar) 4 (Sahil Hate, Shivam Patkar, Ranson Patel, Alistar Pereira) bt ANZA (Byculla) 3 (Ansari Anas 2, Ansari Kamran); B-16-IV-POL: Maulana Azad (Byculla) 5 (Ansari Adil, Khan M, Khan Kaleem, Ansari Muqueem, Ansari Owais) bt Fatima H S (Vidyavihar) 3 (Menezes Leander, Madassery Paulson, Nirbhavane Sidhant) via tie-breaker; B-16-IV-POL: R N Podar (SC) 6 (Mandan Dhyani 2, Pankaj Janikraman, Anirudha Nandi, Eshan Mehrotra) bt Oxford Public School (Kandivali) 1 (Pranav Parab) via tie-breaker.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi