City round-up: IDBI unplug MTNL
- PM Modi's 'strategic restraint' choice: A virtue or a necessity?
- PM to people of Pak: Let’s go to war against unemployment, poverty... let’s see who wins
- Uri attack: Odia BSF jawan succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 19
- Rain havoc in Telangana: Death toll rises to 8 in Medak
- Kashmir: Curfew imposed in Kishtwar following arrest of 3 charged with sedition
IDBI proved too good for MTNL as they romped to a 3-0 win in a Division II match of the Mumbai District Football Association (MDFA) League at the St Xavier's Ground Parel on Wednesday. Amey Kadam, Aman Tangid and Pratemesh Sawant scored one goal apiece to share the victors' spoils.
In another contest in the same division, Nikhil Makhwana's triple strikes helped Athens SC to record a comfortable 4-1 victory against Mahalaxmi. Omkar Vartak netted the other goals for the victors, while Aditya Barucha struck the lone goal for the losers.
Results: Div-II: FC Khar Sporting 2 (Vishal Talwalkar, Mohan Thapa) drew with Challengers SC 2 (Tohid Khan, Vasu Chethiya); Bharat FC 4 (Amarjit Gad 2, Sushant Jadhav 2) bt Mumbai United Under-19 1 (Dylan Ferrao); Athens SC 4 (Nikhil Makhwana 3, Omkar Vartak) bt Mahalaxmi FC 1 (Aditya Barucha); IDBI 3 (Amey Kadam, Aman Tangid, Pratemesh Sawant) bt MTNL 0.
Bomeet 'tricks for Egyptian Boys
Powered by Bomeet Yakwadia's superb hat-trick, Egyptian Boys outplayed New Air India Colony 3-0 in a men's league encounter of the 13th Kalina Football League (KFL) organised by the Sports Committee of Our Lady of Egypt Church and played at the church ground.
In another evenly-fought contest, Kalina Rangers and Kalina Village Boys played out a 1-1 draw. Neil D'Costa was on target for Rangers and Cletus Chandrashekar scored for the Village Boys.
Earlier in a veterans encounter, Andheri East tamed Mahim by two goals to nil. The men responsible for the win were Joe Dias and Anton Saldanha, both scoring one goal each.
Results: Mens' league: Egyptian Boys 3 (Bomeet Yakwadia 3) bt New Air-India Colony 0; Rovers 2 (Savio Rodrigues, Joyson Galbano) bt Indian FC 0; Oceanics 1 (Sanna Modoli) bt Air-India Colony 0; Kalina United 1 (Sai Khambe) drew with Nester Compound 1 (Kapil Jadhav); Kalina Rangers 1 (Neil D'Costa) drew with Kalina Village Boys 1 (Cletus Chandrashekar); Veterans: Andheri West 3 (Sandeep Dongrikar 2, Tushar Chimihr) bt Bandra 1 (Clarence Remedious); Vile Parle 2 (Trevor Fernandes, Osborne D'Souza) bt Kalina 0; Andheri East 2 (Joe Dias, Anton Saldanha) bt Mahim 0.
- Across the aisle: In search of a Pakistan policy
- Fifth column: War, not terrorism
- Out of my mind: The Chinese way
- Inside track: Keeping him away
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.