City Side: Anandiben husband backs out from joining AAP and Maharashtra plans mega R-Day show
- Kashmir: 3 militants dead after attack at army camp in Handwara, medicines with Pak marking recovered
- The whitewash: Probe alleges Rohith Vemula's mother faked Dalit status, blames him for his suicide
- BCCI refute allegations of non-compliance with Lodha panel in Supreme Court
- Jayalalithaa's health: Madras HC dismisses petition, says filed for publicity, political reasons
- Government study finds toxins in PET bottles of 5 soft drink brands
We bring to you a selection of best stories from the Indian Express city editions across the country:
The Delhi government is planning to approach the Supreme Court, seeking permission to add 50,000 more autorickshaws to the fleet of one lakh in the city. According to sources, Transport Minister Saurabh Bhardwaj has already given permission for this proposal and the government is expected to approach the court by the end of this month.
Maftabhai Patel, the estranged husband of Gujarat minister Anandiben Patel, who had on January 3 publicly announced to join AAP, creating ripples in the state BJP, has postponed his decision under family pressure for now. A former college professor, 77-year-old Patel said that after his statements appeared in newspapers, pressure built up on him from his family, including his son and daughter to defer the decision at least for now.
The state government is all set to hoist the country's 'biggest flag' this Republic Day. The venue for the Republic Day celebration was shifted from Shivaji Park to Marine Drive last week. To make it a grand affair, the state government has roped in the Army, the Navy, the Air Force and the Coast Guard who will not only have marching contingents, but also perform air shows.
For the first time in the country, a unique course on law and economics will be introduced from the coming academic year. Pune-based Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE) will launch the post-graduate degree that blends expertise in law and economics.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness