City Side: Kejriwal's 48 hours and the end of time for a rape victim
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
From today, we bring to you the best stories from the Indian Express city editions across the country.
1. 48-HOUR GOVERNMENT: Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday called his minority AAP government a "48-hour" government. "It is not we who are fearful, I am only letting you know what I have been hearing. For 48 hours, we will serve the 'janta'," Kejriwal said. But even as the chief minister called his government a short-term one, his Cabinet ministers went about their work as usual.
Ours a 48-hour government, says Kejriwal before trust vote by Pragya Kaushika
2. RAPE VICTIM DIES: A 16-year-old girl, who was gangraped twice in a day around two months ago at Madhyamgram in North 24-Parganas district of West Bengal and had attempted suicide on December 23, succumbed to her injuries at a hospital here Tuesday. The victim was admitted to the RG Kar Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata with 70 per cent burn injuries after she attempted self-immolation in her house near Dum Dum.
Minor who was gangraped twice dies — a week after suicide bid by Express News Service
3. RESTORING THE LOST GLORY:2014 brings great news with it for the Framji Dadabhoy Alpaiwalla Museum, the city's only community museum dedicated to Parsi artefacts. In a three-phase plan, the museum, which has come under disrepair over the years, will be restored to more than its former glory.
A touch of modernity for only Parsi museum by Kevin Lobo
4. REPEAT OFFENDER: This Delhi rider, in a span of four months, has committed 144 violations — a record of all the violations is stored in the e-challan system. But the violator remains untraceable as he has a temporary registration number plate.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express