City Side: Kejriwal's 48 hours and the end of time for a rape victim
- Khushwant Singh dies at 99, to be cremated at Lodhi crematorium in Delhi
- In bid to placate Advani over Gandhinagar seat, Modi and Sushma meet party patriarch
- Mumbai court convicts five in Shakti Mills gangrape cases
- Australia releases pictures of possible MH370 debris, four planes checking 2 objects
- No reason to believe Pakistan leadership knew presence of Laden: US
From today, we bring to you the best stories from the Indian Express city editions across the country.
1. 48-HOUR GOVERNMENT: Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday called his minority AAP government a "48-hour" government. "It is not we who are fearful, I am only letting you know what I have been hearing. For 48 hours, we will serve the 'janta'," Kejriwal said. But even as the chief minister called his government a short-term one, his Cabinet ministers went about their work as usual.
Ours a 48-hour government, says Kejriwal before trust vote by Pragya Kaushika
2. RAPE VICTIM DIES: A 16-year-old girl, who was gangraped twice in a day around two months ago at Madhyamgram in North 24-Parganas district of West Bengal and had attempted suicide on December 23, succumbed to her injuries at a hospital here Tuesday. The victim was admitted to the RG Kar Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata with 70 per cent burn injuries after she attempted self-immolation in her house near Dum Dum.
Minor who was gangraped twice dies — a week after suicide bid by Express News Service
3. RESTORING THE LOST GLORY:2014 brings great news with it for the Framji Dadabhoy Alpaiwalla Museum, the city's only community museum dedicated to Parsi artefacts. In a three-phase plan, the museum, which has come under disrepair over the years, will be restored to more than its former glory.
A touch of modernity for only Parsi museum by Kevin Lobo
4. REPEAT OFFENDER: This Delhi rider, in a span of four months, has committed 144 violations — a record of all the violations is stored in the e-challan system. But the violator remains untraceable as he has a temporary registration number plate.