City side: Political bickering continues in Delhi, GRP plans to make Mumbai safer for women
- Arunachal crisis: SC to hear Congress plea against President's rule at 2 pm
- 6 years later, the admission — ‘Yes, I shot him dead, he was unarmed, officer told me to’
- India is doing great, nobody talks about it, says Donald Trump
- NFHS report reveals 50% children under five years anaemic in West Bengal
- Toyota sells 10.15 million vehicles in 2015, remains world's biggest automaker
We bring to you a selection of best stories from the Indian Express city editions across the country.
A day after breezing through the trust vote, the AAP MLAs came in for severe criticism from the Congress and the BJP on Friday, with MLAs of both parties "warning" AAP MLAs not to breach the constitutional right of the elected members by visiting their constituencies without informing them.
After conducting "night tours" in their respective sub divisions over Wednesday and Thursday, Delhi's 33 sub-divisional magistrates (SDM) have identified over 4,000 people sleeping in the open across over 200 locations.
Over 4,000 sleeping in open in 200 places: SDMs to CM
To reach out to distressed women commuters in suburban locals, the Government Railway Police (GRP) is planning to approach railway authorities for a technology overhaul that will include improvements such as emergency alarm switches inside coaches for women and handsets that connect to the police hotline.
While observing that the true test of someone's nature is during difficult circumstances, the Bombay High Court recently rejected the plea of a woman who, citing grounds of cruelty, had sought to end her marriage even though her husband is suffering from cancer.
High Court junks woman's plea to end marriage on ground of cruelty
Ranging from an organic fertiliser made by vermi-composting of parthenium grass to the drug for the treatment of skin diseases like psoriasis, seven patents have been granted to researchers from Panjab University in a span of four years from 2008 to 2012.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU