City side: Political bickering continues in Delhi, GRP plans to make Mumbai safer for women
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
We bring to you a selection of best stories from the Indian Express city editions across the country.
A day after breezing through the trust vote, the AAP MLAs came in for severe criticism from the Congress and the BJP on Friday, with MLAs of both parties "warning" AAP MLAs not to breach the constitutional right of the elected members by visiting their constituencies without informing them.
After conducting "night tours" in their respective sub divisions over Wednesday and Thursday, Delhi's 33 sub-divisional magistrates (SDM) have identified over 4,000 people sleeping in the open across over 200 locations.
Over 4,000 sleeping in open in 200 places: SDMs to CM
To reach out to distressed women commuters in suburban locals, the Government Railway Police (GRP) is planning to approach railway authorities for a technology overhaul that will include improvements such as emergency alarm switches inside coaches for women and handsets that connect to the police hotline.
While observing that the true test of someone's nature is during difficult circumstances, the Bombay High Court recently rejected the plea of a woman who, citing grounds of cruelty, had sought to end her marriage even though her husband is suffering from cancer.
High Court junks woman's plea to end marriage on ground of cruelty
Ranging from an organic fertiliser made by vermi-composting of parthenium grass to the drug for the treatment of skin diseases like psoriasis, seven patents have been granted to researchers from Panjab University in a span of four years from 2008 to 2012.
- Opening up: Rahul Gandhi plans elections to pick CWC members too
- Telangana turmoil likely in Parliament; PM says opposition to bill are hiccups, BJP to take call as per â€˜situationâ€™
- Jan Lokpal Bill divides AAP and Cong, threatens Delhi govt
- LIVE: Narendra Modi addresses first rally in Mamataâ€™sÂ turf