City to get 400 more buses under JNNURM
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: KXIP beat SRH by 72 runs
The Union Ministry of Urban Development has sanctioned 400 more buses for Chandigarh under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM). The approval was given at a meeting of the Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee (CSMC) on bus funding and ancillary infrastructure projects under JNNURM in New Delhi last Friday.
An approval was also given for installation of ITS (Intelligent Transport System) and a depot. The in-principle approval has been given subject to fulfilling of certain conditions like formation of an SPV (special purpose vehicle). The UT Administration has given an undertaking that it will bear the operational losses, if any, and revise the fares which was last done in 2010. Dr Sudhir Krishna, Secretary, Union Ministry of Urban Development, assured that the ministry will finance the scheme of public biking, which Chandigarh plans to implement, to promote clean transport in the country.
The CSMC approved that out of the 685 more buses, 400 will be for Chandigarh, 240 buses will be for greater Meghalya along with the request for ITS and bus depots, and 45 for West Bengal.
- Satyam scam: ICAI bans four auditors for life
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat