City to get diabetes registry by January
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
The BMC has decided to set up a diabetes registry in the city to keep track of all diabetics who come to the civic hospitals for treatment. Additional Municipal Commissioner Manisha Mhaiskar on Friday announced that the civic body plans to make registry functional by January 1. The BMC has also started its door-to-door campaign to identify patients and spread awareness. "It is a misconception that diabetes is only a rich man's disease. There needs to be focus on the people in the slum areas too. Once the registry is formed, it will help us keep track of the patients and help them in the necessary follow-ups," Mhaiskar said. The BMC currently has 28 diabetes clinics in the city. During its 15-day campaign, across 24 health posts, around 750 people were found to have diabetes.