City vendor held with fake notes
- Elections 2014 LIVE: In Rae Bareli, Priyanka Gandhi says her husband Robert Vadra is being maligned
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- Hate speeches: Modi says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
The city police arrested a local vendor Sunday and seized 12 fake Indian currency notes with a face value of Rs 12,000. The man, identified as Angad Kashiram Yadav (42), sells pani puri in Ranip area of the city.
Yadav, originally from Murena in Bastar Zilla of Madhya Pradesh, is a resident of of Rabari Colony in Memnagar. While police suspect that he brought the fake currency notes from Madha Pradesh for circulating in the city, Yadav claimed that he found a wallet on a road which contained those notes and he had no idea about it.
Police have lodged an FIR in this connection and started investigation.
AAP launches its Gujarat unit
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Sunday announced its 12-member state-level executive body for Gujarat, naming RTE activist Sukhdevbhai Patel as its convener. It also announced appointment of justice (retd) T U Mehta as its internal Lok Ayukta. This was announced at a state-level meeting of its workers here who formed district-level bodies during the Mission Buniyad campaign. As the first action after coming into existence, AAP will issue a notice to state Chief Secretary for early appointment of Lokayukta as ordered by the Supreme Court, said Patel.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready