citybriefs: 2,001 cartons of illicit liquor seized
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- Donât show exit polls disguised as opinion polls, says poll panel
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
Gurgaon: The Excise department seized illicit liquor worth Rs 35 lakh from Sheetla Mata Road on Monday. The Excise team recovered 2,001 cartons of illicit liquor, loaded in four vehicles. The vehicles were parked in a godown. "We raided the premises and seized four vehicles laden with illicit liquor. We are verifying about the owner of the vehicles and the liquor," said Aruna Singh, District Excise and Taxation Commissioner.
Man killed in firing
New Delhi: A 25-year-old man died after he was hit during celebratory firing at his cousin's engagement ceremony in Baba Hari Dass Nagar, on Sunday night. Pankaj was attending the engagement ceremony of Mohit Kumar. "Pankaj was on the stage with Mohit when five to six young men started firing celebratory shots in the air," police said. A bullet hit Pankaj in the chest. "We have identified the accused. They will be arrested soon," Additional CP (Southwest) Anil Kumar Ojha said.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18