citybriefs: 2,001 cartons of illicit liquor seized
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
Gurgaon: The Excise department seized illicit liquor worth Rs 35 lakh from Sheetla Mata Road on Monday. The Excise team recovered 2,001 cartons of illicit liquor, loaded in four vehicles. The vehicles were parked in a godown. "We raided the premises and seized four vehicles laden with illicit liquor. We are verifying about the owner of the vehicles and the liquor," said Aruna Singh, District Excise and Taxation Commissioner.
Man killed in firing
New Delhi: A 25-year-old man died after he was hit during celebratory firing at his cousin's engagement ceremony in Baba Hari Dass Nagar, on Sunday night. Pankaj was attending the engagement ceremony of Mohit Kumar. "Pankaj was on the stage with Mohit when five to six young men started firing celebratory shots in the air," police said. A bullet hit Pankaj in the chest. "We have identified the accused. They will be arrested soon," Additional CP (Southwest) Anil Kumar Ojha said.