citybriefs: ATM van robbery: Driver arrested
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- BJP against withdrawl of sedition charges against Kashmiri students
NEW DELHI: A man involved in Friday's ATM cash van robbery case in Mahender Park has been arrested.
Rs 47 lakh have been recovered from Ompal, police said. A total of Rs 51 lakh was looted from the van. DCP (Northwest) Dr P Karunakaran confirmed the arrest, but refused to give details. The driver had drugged two security guards of Logicash ATM cash van before fleeing with with the cash.
More ICU beds in Delhi govt hospitals
NEW DELHI: The Delhi government will increase the number of beds in ICU in its hospitals, considering the special care needed for the elderly. Health Minister Dr A K Walia announced on Monday, the International Day of Senior Citizens, that 10 more ICU beds will be made available in all hospitals, starting with Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital in East Delhi. Delhi currently has 14 lakh senior citizens.