citybriefs: ATM van robbery: Driver arrested
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
NEW DELHI: A man involved in Friday's ATM cash van robbery case in Mahender Park has been arrested.
Rs 47 lakh have been recovered from Ompal, police said. A total of Rs 51 lakh was looted from the van. DCP (Northwest) Dr P Karunakaran confirmed the arrest, but refused to give details. The driver had drugged two security guards of Logicash ATM cash van before fleeing with with the cash.
More ICU beds in Delhi govt hospitals
NEW DELHI: The Delhi government will increase the number of beds in ICU in its hospitals, considering the special care needed for the elderly. Health Minister Dr A K Walia announced on Monday, the International Day of Senior Citizens, that 10 more ICU beds will be made available in all hospitals, starting with Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital in East Delhi. Delhi currently has 14 lakh senior citizens.