citybriefs: ATM van robbery: Driver arrested
- Muslim women beaten up in Madhya Pradesh over beef rumours
- Harish Rawat confirms Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district
- GST Bill: Uncertainty continues as States don’t agree on rate
- Cow was killed by lion, not Dalit men flogged by gau rakshaks: CID
- How Governor Raghuram Rajan had his way on venue for RBI interviews
NEW DELHI: A man involved in Friday's ATM cash van robbery case in Mahender Park has been arrested.
Rs 47 lakh have been recovered from Ompal, police said. A total of Rs 51 lakh was looted from the van. DCP (Northwest) Dr P Karunakaran confirmed the arrest, but refused to give details. The driver had drugged two security guards of Logicash ATM cash van before fleeing with with the cash.
More ICU beds in Delhi govt hospitals
NEW DELHI: The Delhi government will increase the number of beds in ICU in its hospitals, considering the special care needed for the elderly. Health Minister Dr A K Walia announced on Monday, the International Day of Senior Citizens, that 10 more ICU beds will be made available in all hospitals, starting with Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital in East Delhi. Delhi currently has 14 lakh senior citizens.
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage
- Strengthen Centre-state relations by giving the Inter-State Council teeth
- The Patel agitation and Dalit unrest threaten BJP’s dominance in Gujarat
- The CAMPA Bill: Whose forests are these anyway?
- Arundhati Ghose will be remembered for her role in India’s nuclear diplomacy
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation