citybriefs: HC blast case trial resumes
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI struggle to 115/9 against RCB
New Delhi: The trial of the 2011 Delhi High Court blast accused Wasim Akram Malik commenced in the special NIA court on Monday with the court of District Judge H S Sharma recording the testimony of co-accused turned approver Amir Abbas Dev in an in-camera proceeding. Malik, reportedly a medical student from Bangladesh, is facing trial after the court found prima facie evidence against him under the Explosive Substance Act, the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and under various sections of the IPC. Dev was initially arrested as a co-accused, but was granted pardon after he agreed to turn approver and depose in the case.
Sacked from job for stealing, man steals employer's bike
New Delhi: The manager of a boutique in MGF Mall, Saket, was arrested in connection for theft of his former employer's motorcycle. Javed Khan (24) reportedly told police that he stole the motorcycle to teach his former employee "a lesson". Police said Javed was removed from his job on charges of theft. Police said the theft of the motorcycle was reported at the Saket police station by Kovid Karanwal. "We arrested Khan, who confessed to his role in the theft," a police officer said.