Citybriefs: Inquiry ordered into custody death
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
GURGAON: The National Commission of Scheduled Castes (NCSC) has ordered a magisterial inquiry into the death of a man while he was in police custody at the Rajendra Park police station. The NCSC vice-chairman, R K Verka, visited Gurgaon on Monday and spoke to the family of 28-year-old cab driver Bharat Bhushan, who died at the police station.
HC notice to US woman
NEW DELHI: The Delhi government and a US national of Indian origin were on Monday issued notices by the Delhi High Court on her estranged South African husband's plea for the custody of their six-year-old daughter, allegedly brought illegally to India by his wife. The court asked the government and the woman to respond to Philip David Dexter's petition.