citybriefs: Rawat snares six
- Varun Gandhi hits back at cousin Priyanka over 'astray' remark, says she crossed 'lakshman rekha of decency'
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says 'toffee' has caught his fancy after 'balloon'
Man of the match Praveen Rawat (6/11) picked up a six wicket haul while Lakshay Kumar (48 n.o) chipped in with the bat to help Ramjas School no.2 beat Govt. Boys School Ambedkar nagar by 9 wickets in the Paul George memorial under-16 cricket tournament at St. George School.
Brief score: Govt. Boys School Ambedkar Nagar 99 allout in 16.1 overs (Saurabh Uniyal 25, Rahul Kumar 24, Praveen Rawat 6/11, Ankur Kumar 2/16); Ramjas No.2 104/1 in 12 overs (Lakshay Kumar 48 n.o, Akash Sharma 34 n.o)
Man of the match Sumit Mathur (88 n.o and 4/39) produced a fine all round display while and jatin Shaukeen (78) also made suitable contribution to help Rohtak Road Gymkhana beat Ravindra Academy by 16 runs in the 2nd Abhishek Jindal memorial under-16 cricket tournament at Guru Govind Singh College.
Brief score:RR Gymkhana 204 for 5 in 40 overs (Sumit Mathur 88 n.o, Jatin Shaukeen 78, Ajay Rana 2/35); Ravindra Academy:188 for 9 in 40 overs (Saurabh Bisht 65, Aman Ahlawat 25, Akash Chaudhary 24, Sumit Mathur 4/39, Siddhant Singh 2/22)
In another match at Bharat Nagar ground, Sagar Sehrawat (4/17) picked up a four wicket haul while and man of the match Kartik Kumar scored 45 to help Telefunken beat Vijay Dahiya Academy by 7 wickets.
Brief score: Vijay Dahiya Academy 83 all out in 31.5 overs (Ravish Jain 15, Jaladh Yadav 13, Sagar Sehrawat 4/17, Ankush Tyagi 3/12); Telefunken 87 for 3 in 28 overs (Kartik Kumar 45, Sagar Sehrawat 19 n.o)
Easy win for DPS
Contributions from Siddhant Gosai (41) and Ashmeet Alwadi (38) helped DPS Mathura Road beat Quetta DAV by 6 wickets and enter semifinal of the Radha Kishan Sanjay Inter School cricket tournament at Rajouri Garden ground.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi