citybriefs: Rawat snares six
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Man of the match Praveen Rawat (6/11) picked up a six wicket haul while Lakshay Kumar (48 n.o) chipped in with the bat to help Ramjas School no.2 beat Govt. Boys School Ambedkar nagar by 9 wickets in the Paul George memorial under-16 cricket tournament at St. George School.
Brief score: Govt. Boys School Ambedkar Nagar 99 allout in 16.1 overs (Saurabh Uniyal 25, Rahul Kumar 24, Praveen Rawat 6/11, Ankur Kumar 2/16); Ramjas No.2 104/1 in 12 overs (Lakshay Kumar 48 n.o, Akash Sharma 34 n.o)
Man of the match Sumit Mathur (88 n.o and 4/39) produced a fine all round display while and jatin Shaukeen (78) also made suitable contribution to help Rohtak Road Gymkhana beat Ravindra Academy by 16 runs in the 2nd Abhishek Jindal memorial under-16 cricket tournament at Guru Govind Singh College.
Brief score:RR Gymkhana 204 for 5 in 40 overs (Sumit Mathur 88 n.o, Jatin Shaukeen 78, Ajay Rana 2/35); Ravindra Academy:188 for 9 in 40 overs (Saurabh Bisht 65, Aman Ahlawat 25, Akash Chaudhary 24, Sumit Mathur 4/39, Siddhant Singh 2/22)
In another match at Bharat Nagar ground, Sagar Sehrawat (4/17) picked up a four wicket haul while and man of the match Kartik Kumar scored 45 to help Telefunken beat Vijay Dahiya Academy by 7 wickets.
Brief score: Vijay Dahiya Academy 83 all out in 31.5 overs (Ravish Jain 15, Jaladh Yadav 13, Sagar Sehrawat 4/17, Ankush Tyagi 3/12); Telefunken 87 for 3 in 28 overs (Kartik Kumar 45, Sagar Sehrawat 19 n.o)
Easy win for DPS
Contributions from Siddhant Gosai (41) and Ashmeet Alwadi (38) helped DPS Mathura Road beat Quetta DAV by 6 wickets and enter semifinal of the Radha Kishan Sanjay Inter School cricket tournament at Rajouri Garden ground.
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi
- Not too late to reverse an ugliness spreading in the name of our sacred cows
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first