- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Proclaimed offender arrested
The Shimlapuri police on Sunday arrested a man who was wanted in several cases, including kidnapping and burglary. The accused has been identified as Suraj Kumar alias Sonu, 26, of Tower Colony near Grain Market, Gill Road. As per Inspector Jaswinder Singh, SHO at Shimlapuri police station, the accused was arrested in 2005 by Shimlapuri police for burglary and was sent to jail. Later, the accused was released on bail but did not appear before the court thereafter. Eventually, the court had declared him a proclaimed offender. The SHO said during the investigation they came to know that the accused was wanted to Karnal police in a kidnapping case.
Wife of 'wanted' drug peddler held
A 42-year-old woman was arrested by Dharampura police from Noorwala road on Saturday.
The wife of drug smuggler Brijlal alias Birju, Nirmala Rani was carrying 200 gm narcotic powder.
PM's wife visits city to attend sister barsi
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it