- ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi killed in US-led airstrikes in Syria: Reports
- Why the analysis behind the latest Chinese transgression in Arunachal Pradesh is misleading
- Among PM Narendra Modi’s 7-point code for BJP, restraint is one
- Refused assent to bill, Kejriwal targets Modi; says PM not allowing Delhi Assembly to work
- Kairana exodus: BJP list of ‘Hindus’ forced out includes those who died, migrated for better job
Proclaimed offender arrested
The Shimlapuri police on Sunday arrested a man who was wanted in several cases, including kidnapping and burglary. The accused has been identified as Suraj Kumar alias Sonu, 26, of Tower Colony near Grain Market, Gill Road. As per Inspector Jaswinder Singh, SHO at Shimlapuri police station, the accused was arrested in 2005 by Shimlapuri police for burglary and was sent to jail. Later, the accused was released on bail but did not appear before the court thereafter. Eventually, the court had declared him a proclaimed offender. The SHO said during the investigation they came to know that the accused was wanted to Karnal police in a kidnapping case.
Wife of 'wanted' drug peddler held
A 42-year-old woman was arrested by Dharampura police from Noorwala road on Saturday.
The wife of drug smuggler Brijlal alias Birju, Nirmala Rani was carrying 200 gm narcotic powder.
PM's wife visits city to attend sister barsi
- Liberalism needs to recover the noble lie that ideas are not politics by other means
- To suggest that India’s home secretary was ‘enjoying’ Pak hospitality is misleading
- Liquor has become a political issue, it demands a political solution
- Time for India to shed its ‘hesitations of history’ towards China and Pakistan
- Negating Ambedkar's contribution to the Constitution is part of a political design
- Analysts have made too much of a deal of the GDP growth in the fourth quarter