- Rahul Gandhi fasts with agitating students at Hyd university, BJP calls it 'cheap politics'
- Classic politics of vulturisation: BJP on Rahul's visit to Hyd University
- Month before budget, Raghuram Rajan cautions: Don’t overspend to spur growth
- Solar scam: Kerala HC grants Chandy some relief as Saritha targets his son
- Centre justifies President’s rule in Arunachal: ‘Threat from China, war-like situation’
Proclaimed offender arrested
The Shimlapuri police on Sunday arrested a man who was wanted in several cases, including kidnapping and burglary. The accused has been identified as Suraj Kumar alias Sonu, 26, of Tower Colony near Grain Market, Gill Road. As per Inspector Jaswinder Singh, SHO at Shimlapuri police station, the accused was arrested in 2005 by Shimlapuri police for burglary and was sent to jail. Later, the accused was released on bail but did not appear before the court thereafter. Eventually, the court had declared him a proclaimed offender. The SHO said during the investigation they came to know that the accused was wanted to Karnal police in a kidnapping case.
Wife of 'wanted' drug peddler held
A 42-year-old woman was arrested by Dharampura police from Noorwala road on Saturday.
The wife of drug smuggler Brijlal alias Birju, Nirmala Rani was carrying 200 gm narcotic powder.
PM's wife visits city to attend sister barsi
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies