Civic body blacklists 11 contractors
- Subrata Roy sent to police custody by Supreme Court till next hearing, faces 'ink attack'
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
- Third Front is unviable 'tired front', says Mamata Banerjee
In a first, BMC has blacklisted 11 contractors from the sewerage and civil work contracts (CWC) departments. Seventeen contractors were issued show cause notices owing to "poor quality of work", following which 11 were permanently blacklisted.
Jet-king contractors, Meera constructions, HMV associates, Ratnasingh & Brothers and Chirag Infra Projects have been blacklisted for shoddy work in the sewerage department.
"These are old contractors who in the new e-tendering process had been awarded contracts. According to the system, they must start work within 15 days, but they failed to do so. They will not be allowed to participate in the bidding process for any tenders of BMC. Through the new e-tendering process, their entry will be automatically rejected, " said standing committee chairman, Rahul Shewale.
Kanak Constructions, Jagdaja Construction Company, Pushkar Engineers, Dev Enterprises, Suryapal Enterprises and Tiger Engineers have been blacklisted from CWC department.
" These companies were issued show cause notices asking why they should not be blacklisted from BMC. Their answers were verified by BMC's legal department, following which action was taken," said a BMC official.
Road works contractors in the city have been under the scanner for shoddy work and alleged malpractices in the tendering procedures. RPS Infraprojects (formerly R P Shah) though blacklisted by the building proposals department in 2010, continued to bid for road projects this year.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore