Civic body blacklists 11 contractors
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi files his nomination from Varanasi, says technology upgradation and branding needed for development of Kashi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- PM Manmohan Singh dismisses Modi-wave in country
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
In a first, BMC has blacklisted 11 contractors from the sewerage and civil work contracts (CWC) departments. Seventeen contractors were issued show cause notices owing to "poor quality of work", following which 11 were permanently blacklisted.
Jet-king contractors, Meera constructions, HMV associates, Ratnasingh & Brothers and Chirag Infra Projects have been blacklisted for shoddy work in the sewerage department.
"These are old contractors who in the new e-tendering process had been awarded contracts. According to the system, they must start work within 15 days, but they failed to do so. They will not be allowed to participate in the bidding process for any tenders of BMC. Through the new e-tendering process, their entry will be automatically rejected, " said standing committee chairman, Rahul Shewale.
Kanak Constructions, Jagdaja Construction Company, Pushkar Engineers, Dev Enterprises, Suryapal Enterprises and Tiger Engineers have been blacklisted from CWC department.
" These companies were issued show cause notices asking why they should not be blacklisted from BMC. Their answers were verified by BMC's legal department, following which action was taken," said a BMC official.
Road works contractors in the city have been under the scanner for shoddy work and alleged malpractices in the tendering procedures. RPS Infraprojects (formerly R P Shah) though blacklisted by the building proposals department in 2010, continued to bid for road projects this year.
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling
- Hyderabad blast 2013: Agencies hunt for Mangalore ‘source’