Civic body issues warning to schools over parking violations
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
After Ludhiana Municipal Corporation had to bear the brunt of students' anger on Monday for picking up wrongly parked vehicles from the gate of BCM Arya Model Senior Secondary School in Shastri Nagar, the Tehbazari wing Wednesday issued warnings to all schools on parking rules.
The Municipal Corporation towed away 15 vehicles from the front gate of Guru Nanak Public School, Sarabha Nagar, on Wednesday.
The wing made it clear that, "...from Thursday no pleas and excuses of schools, be it students or teachers will be heard and vehicles will be towed off immediately if found parked wrongly".
Superintendent of the tehbazari wing, Naveen Malhotra, told Newsline: "Today we have told most of the schools to get their parking managed, failing which vehicles will be towed off. If some school is left I would like to inform them through media that vehicles parked wrongly will not be spared. The Mayor is personally taking interest in the matter."
"Be it students or teachers or principal, they are equal for us and whosoever's vehicles is found violating rules and encroaching roads will be towed off Thursday onwards," added Malhotra.