Civic body issues warning to schools over parking violations
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
After Ludhiana Municipal Corporation had to bear the brunt of students' anger on Monday for picking up wrongly parked vehicles from the gate of BCM Arya Model Senior Secondary School in Shastri Nagar, the Tehbazari wing Wednesday issued warnings to all schools on parking rules.
The Municipal Corporation towed away 15 vehicles from the front gate of Guru Nanak Public School, Sarabha Nagar, on Wednesday.
The wing made it clear that, "...from Thursday no pleas and excuses of schools, be it students or teachers will be heard and vehicles will be towed off immediately if found parked wrongly".
Superintendent of the tehbazari wing, Naveen Malhotra, told Newsline: "Today we have told most of the schools to get their parking managed, failing which vehicles will be towed off. If some school is left I would like to inform them through media that vehicles parked wrongly will not be spared. The Mayor is personally taking interest in the matter."
"Be it students or teachers or principal, they are equal for us and whosoever's vehicles is found violating rules and encroaching roads will be towed off Thursday onwards," added Malhotra.
The schools that came under MC radar were Sacred Heart Convent School, Sarabha Nagar; Kundan Vidya Mandir, Civil Lines; Bhartiya Vidya Mandir, Kitchlu Nagar; Greenland Public School, Jalandhar Bypass; Saraswati Model School and others.