Civic body standing committee approves road & park project
- Man throws ink at Sahara chief Subrata Roy in Supreme Court premises
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Tehelka rape case: Tarun Tejpal's bail plea hearing begins
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
The panel sanctioned Rs 48.67 lakh for constructing pedestrian crossing on various roads under JNNURM. The proposal of installing lifts in Hadapsar buildings under the slum rehabilitation scheme was also approved
The Pune Municipal Corporation's (PMC) standing committee on Monday approved construction of a village park and a road in Lohegaon. The park located at Sanjay Nimhan garden in Pashan in Someshwarwadi has a budget of Rs 2.31 crore. The road will connect slums at Lohegaon to the main road. The move is part of the PMC's scheme that aims at developing economically weaker sections of the society.
The standing committee also sanctioned Rs 48.67 lakh for construction of pedestrian crossing on various roads under JNNURM. The proposal of installing lift service in the buildings developed in Hadapsar under the slum rehabilitation scheme was also approved.
The proposal for increasing the charges of rent of Jawarharlal Nehru stadium was rejected by the committee saying that it was the only big ground for sports available in the heart of the city. "It will be improper to increase the rent as many people don't have any other option," said Baburao Chandere, chairman, standing committee.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore