Civic body standing committee approves road & park project
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
The panel sanctioned Rs 48.67 lakh for constructing pedestrian crossing on various roads under JNNURM. The proposal of installing lifts in Hadapsar buildings under the slum rehabilitation scheme was also approved
The Pune Municipal Corporation's (PMC) standing committee on Monday approved construction of a village park and a road in Lohegaon. The park located at Sanjay Nimhan garden in Pashan in Someshwarwadi has a budget of Rs 2.31 crore. The road will connect slums at Lohegaon to the main road. The move is part of the PMC's scheme that aims at developing economically weaker sections of the society.
The standing committee also sanctioned Rs 48.67 lakh for construction of pedestrian crossing on various roads under JNNURM. The proposal of installing lift service in the buildings developed in Hadapsar under the slum rehabilitation scheme was also approved.
The proposal for increasing the charges of rent of Jawarharlal Nehru stadium was rejected by the committee saying that it was the only big ground for sports available in the heart of the city. "It will be improper to increase the rent as many people don't have any other option," said Baburao Chandere, chairman, standing committee.