Civic body to organise 10-day Mohar fest
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
Joining the elite club of cities that organise festivals to promote their local art and create awareness among citizens on natural resources, the PMC along with several city-based organisations will organise a ten-day Mohar festival with the motto, 'Celebrating Hills Through Art'. The aims is to create awareness among citizens on the importance of environment. The 10-day event will kick off on January 11.
Several cities such as Sydney, Singapore and Venice have been organising such festival to promote the local art. The festival in Pune would put the city in the elite club, a PMC statement said. There are efforts to promote music and dance, but many other arts fail to get the required attention, it said, "The festival will ensure the local arts get promoted through the festival. This will also help in promoting the culture of the city."
Hills add beauty to the city and the civic body hopes to create awareness on the importance of hills. The festival will organise exhibition of handicraft, pottery and other art forms at several hills and gardens of the city. There will also be competition, discussion and other cultural programmes in various halls of PMC.