Civic body to organise flower show on March 2
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Facing flak for doing nothing to maintain greenery in the city or promote it, the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation is going to organise a flower show on March 2.
The man behind this 'green' idea is newly appointed zonal commissioner, zone A, Sumeet Jarangal. He has opened the show for the residents as well. "The show is open for residents and they can come with their floral creations. It will be a boon for a polluted city like Ludhiana," said Jarangal, who also heads the horticulture department.
The flower show had been a regular endeavour since 1999 but was stopped midway due to lack of interest by MC officials. A flower show in 2012 was too held by ex-MC commissioner M S Jaggi but got a lukewarm response.