Civic body to organise flower show on March 2
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
Facing flak for doing nothing to maintain greenery in the city or promote it, the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation is going to organise a flower show on March 2.
The man behind this 'green' idea is newly appointed zonal commissioner, zone A, Sumeet Jarangal. He has opened the show for the residents as well. "The show is open for residents and they can come with their floral creations. It will be a boon for a polluted city like Ludhiana," said Jarangal, who also heads the horticulture department.
The flower show had been a regular endeavour since 1999 but was stopped midway due to lack of interest by MC officials. A flower show in 2012 was too held by ex-MC commissioner M S Jaggi but got a lukewarm response.