Civil Services aspirant denied bail in sexual assault case
A 23-year-old Civil Services aspirant, arrested for sexually assaulting her neighbour after trespassing in her house, has been denied bail by a Delhi court.
Metropolitan Magistrate Ekta Gauba dismissed the bail plea of Vikas, who suffered leg injury as he jumped off the balcony of the girl's house here after she raised an alarm.
Vikas had sought bail on the ground that he has to appear in the Civil Services examination. He had also said that he is a young boy and is suffering from injury.
The court, however, denied him bail.
Vikas had to be hospitalised due to his leg injury and was in judicial custody in the hospital.
The police told the court that on the intervening night of May 16-17, the girl was sleeping on the first floor in her house. At around 2 AM, Vikas unauthorisedly entered her house and sexually assaulted her.
When the girl raised an alarm, he tried to flee by jumping from the balcony.
The court said the allegations are serious in nature and show that girls are not safe even inside their houses.
- Nilekani squandered national resources to US firm: Swamy
- Autonomy: CBI chief says don’t view our demand with suspicion
- I want to stop poverty, they want to stop me: Modi
- Kanda gives Hooda’s road show a miss, to form party
- Air Force sends flight data recorder to US for analysis
- 41 letters in 3 yrs fail to move NHAI as accidents continue