Civilian killed in explosion at army's ammunition depot near Jammu
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
A civilian was killed and an army havaldar injured seriously in an explosion inside an army's ammunition depot at Nagrota near Jammu on Wednesday.
Identifying the deceased as Sanjeev Barru, 42, of Korejagir, Nagrota, sources said that injured Army Havaldar ATS Mohanty has been hospitalized. The deceased had been working as a painter in the ammunition depot for the last 20 years.
Though the Northern Command based defence ministry spokesman Lt Colonel Rajesh Kalia expressed ignorance about it, sources said that the victims were doing cleaning work inside the ammunition depot when one of the explosive device went off.