Civilian killed in explosion at army's ammunition depot near Jammu
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
A civilian was killed and an army havaldar injured seriously in an explosion inside an army's ammunition depot at Nagrota near Jammu on Wednesday.
Identifying the deceased as Sanjeev Barru, 42, of Korejagir, Nagrota, sources said that injured Army Havaldar ATS Mohanty has been hospitalized. The deceased had been working as a painter in the ammunition depot for the last 20 years.
Though the Northern Command based defence ministry spokesman Lt Colonel Rajesh Kalia expressed ignorance about it, sources said that the victims were doing cleaning work inside the ammunition depot when one of the explosive device went off.