Civilian killed in explosion at army's ammunition depot near Jammu
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
A civilian was killed and an army havaldar injured seriously in an explosion inside an army's ammunition depot at Nagrota near Jammu on Wednesday.
Identifying the deceased as Sanjeev Barru, 42, of Korejagir, Nagrota, sources said that injured Army Havaldar ATS Mohanty has been hospitalized. The deceased had been working as a painter in the ammunition depot for the last 20 years.
Though the Northern Command based defence ministry spokesman Lt Colonel Rajesh Kalia expressed ignorance about it, sources said that the victims were doing cleaning work inside the ammunition depot when one of the explosive device went off.