Civilian killed in explosion at army's ammunition depot near Jammu
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress moves EC over Modi's roadshow in Varanasi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: 40 per cent electorate caste vote in first seven hours
A civilian was killed and an army havaldar injured seriously in an explosion inside an army's ammunition depot at Nagrota near Jammu on Wednesday.
Identifying the deceased as Sanjeev Barru, 42, of Korejagir, Nagrota, sources said that injured Army Havaldar ATS Mohanty has been hospitalized. The deceased had been working as a painter in the ammunition depot for the last 20 years.
Though the Northern Command based defence ministry spokesman Lt Colonel Rajesh Kalia expressed ignorance about it, sources said that the victims were doing cleaning work inside the ammunition depot when one of the explosive device went off.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling