CK Birla-owned Hindustan Motors puts Rs 150-cr tag on TN plant
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The CK Birla-owned Hindustan Motors has set Rs 150 crore as the minimum sale price of its Tiruvallur manufacturing plant near Chennai.
The plant, which manufactures Pajero Sport, Cedia, Outlander, Montero brands and spare parts in collaboration with Mitsubishi of Japan since late 90s, was put on block by the company last month owing to mounting losses.
The decision to hasten the sale of the plant was taken to bring in fresh funds to cut losses and improve performance of its other plants at West Bengal and Madhya Pradesh.
The proposed sale will in no way affect the other operations of the company, company sources said. Sources also said the company has been in touch with consultants/interested parties and has received enquiries for direct and complete acquisition of the plant. The company sought members' approval for the same by a special resolution by way of postal ballot.
According to sources, given the decades-old relationship with Hindustan Motors, Mitsubishi can be a potential strategic buyer.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™