CL Bains, Dr Promila emerge victorious
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
For their consistent display over the 18-hole round, CL Bains (65 years-75 yrs) and Dr Promila Chari (60 yrs-70 yrs) emerged as winners in the men's and women's categories respectively in the Fortis Healthy Heart Golf Tournament, organized by Fortis Hospital Mohali in association with Chandigarh Golf Club in Chandigarh on Saturday. Meanwhile, Col B.S Rangi (3 ft.) and Baljinder Mangat were the closest to the pin in the men's and women's section. Over 150 senior citizens from the Tricity teed off to participate in the annual golf tournament.The ceremonial tee off was done by Ashish Bhatia, Chief Operating Officer, Fortis Healthcare Ltd. The tournament was played in the Stableford format.
Men's: 18 holes: 65 years-75 yrs: C.L Bains (Winner), Col. S.S Gill (H/P 14) (Runner up), 76 years-80 yrs: Capt. J.S Sahi (Winner), S.S. Dhaliwal (Runner Up)
9 holes: 81yrs-85 yrs: Brig. K.S. Sandhu(Winner), Brig W.S Choudhary (Runner Up)
86 yrs and above: Sq.Ldr. J.S. Gill (Winner)
women's: 18 holes: 60 yrs-70 yrs: Dr Promila Chari (Winner), Baljinder Mangat (Runner Up)
9 holes: 71 years and above: Dalbir Sahi (Winner), Asha Chopra (Runner Up)
Closest to pin: Men's: Col B.S Rangi (3 ft.)
Women's: Baljinder Mangat
Men's straightest drive winners: K.S Randhawa, C.L. Bains Women's straightest drive winners: N. Charan Singh.