Clariant Chemicals in part sale deal of India biz to US-based SK Capital for Rs 3,029 cr
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Clariant Chemicals (India) today said that it has sold its textile, chemicals, paper specialties and emulsions businesses to US-based SK Capital for CHF (Swiss Francs) 502 million (about Rs 3,029 crore).
Clariant India, part of Swiss specialty chemical giant Clariant AG, also sold its research and development centre, sales and marketing wing, production plants and sites to private investment firm S K Capital, which focuses on the specialty materials, chemicals and healthcare sectors.
"The total consideration of the sale amounts to approximately CHF 502 million, out of which approximately 460 million in cash, equivalent to 6.3 times the estimated full year 2012 recurring EBITDA of those businesses. The divestment has been approved by the Boards of both companies," Clariant AG said in a statement on its website.
Subject to regulatory approvals, the transaction is expected to close by the end of the second quarter of 2013, it added.
In a filing to the BSE, Clariant Chemicals (India) said "SK Capital has agreed to purchase the business units textile chemicals, paper specialties and the business line emulsions from Clariant."
This will include the transfer of the whole research and development, applications, sales and marketing organisation along with production plants and sites worldwide, it added.
Clariant Chemicals (India) has production facilities for manufacturing textile chemicals, paper specialties and emulsion products at its Roha (Maharashtra) plant.
The company is into specialty chemicals and is a leading player in pigments, textile chemicals, leather chemicals and biocides for paints in India.
It had reported net sales of Rs 267.08 crore and net profit of Rs 16.75 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2012.
SK Capital is currently investing from SK Capital Partners III, LP, a USD 500 million fund of committed capital, and is located in the US at New York and Boca Raton (Florida).
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?