Clashes erupt in Delhi's Tihar jail, leave one dead, 3 injured
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
An inmate at the high security Tihar jail died and three sustained injuries today following a violent clash between two groups.
The incident occurred at the jail number one of the prison at around 6:30 in the morning in which 27-year-old Javed, a resident of Seelampur area of North East Delhi, died.
"Two groups had old rivalries and this morning they clashed with each other in which inmate Javed lost his life," Tihar Prisons Law Officer Sunil Gupta said.
Javed was in the prison for last seven years, Gupta said adding the injured have been admitted to Deen Dayal Upadhaya hospital.
He said a thorough probe into the incident has already been ordered.
Another official said those admitted in the hospital sustained serious injuries.
The jail authorities had stepped up security for all the 20 Pakistani inmates lodged in the jail in the wake of death of Sarabjit Singh after a murderous assault in a Lahore prison.