Class IX student attacked with blade in Pimpri, two arrested
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
In yet another incident of attack on students, two youngsters allegedly attacked a Class IX student with blade on Thursday following a petty dispute with the student's elder brother. The Pimpri police have arrested the two who were identified as Amin Shaikh (19) and Fayyaz Shaikh (21), both residents of Nehru
The student, Ajay Shivaji Chowgule (15), also of Nehru Nagar, was admitted to the YCM Hospital for treatment. He has suffered injuries on his face. Senior Inspector of Pimpri police station, Mohan Vidhate, said, "The incident took place near the entrance of Prathamesh English Medium School in Mahesh Nagar. We have arrested two youths. Further probe is on."
The police said Ajay is a student of the school. Following the dispute with his elder brother Akshay, Amin and Fayyaz on Thursday came near the school. Ajay was sitting near the window in his classroom. Around 1 pm, the duo saw Ajay and teased him by blowing whistles and passing comments. After the classes, the duo allegedly caught hold of Ajay and attacked him with a blade attached to a wooden stick. PCMC chief health officer Dr Anil Roy said Ajay's condition is stable.