Class VI girl repeatedly raped in Ambala, gets pregnant
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
Surfacing of rape cases continued unabated in Haryana, with a minor girl in Ambala alleging that she was repeatedly raped by a married youth which made her pregnant.
The victim, a student of Class VI, revealed this to her family members after being diagnosed pregnant during medical examination at a civil hospital here yesterday, police said.
She was taken to the hospital following complain of pain in the abdomen.
The girl told them that over the past several months, she was repeatedly raped by a married youth Deepak, a resident of a nearby locality, who also threatened to kill her if she told about this to anybody.
The accused was arrested by the police today and a case of rape has been registered against him, DCP (Ambala) Ashok Kumar said.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy