Class VI girl repeatedly raped in Ambala, gets pregnant
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
Surfacing of rape cases continued unabated in Haryana, with a minor girl in Ambala alleging that she was repeatedly raped by a married youth which made her pregnant.
The victim, a student of Class VI, revealed this to her family members after being diagnosed pregnant during medical examination at a civil hospital here yesterday, police said.
She was taken to the hospital following complain of pain in the abdomen.
The girl told them that over the past several months, she was repeatedly raped by a married youth Deepak, a resident of a nearby locality, who also threatened to kill her if she told about this to anybody.
The accused was arrested by the police today and a case of rape has been registered against him, DCP (Ambala) Ashok Kumar said.
The girl has been referred to civil hospital in Panchkula for ultrasound examination.