Class VI girl repeatedly raped in Ambala, gets pregnant
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Surfacing of rape cases continued unabated in Haryana, with a minor girl in Ambala alleging that she was repeatedly raped by a married youth which made her pregnant.
The victim, a student of Class VI, revealed this to her family members after being diagnosed pregnant during medical examination at a civil hospital here yesterday, police said.
She was taken to the hospital following complain of pain in the abdomen.
The girl told them that over the past several months, she was repeatedly raped by a married youth Deepak, a resident of a nearby locality, who also threatened to kill her if she told about this to anybody.
The accused was arrested by the police today and a case of rape has been registered against him, DCP (Ambala) Ashok Kumar said.
The girl has been referred to civil hospital in Panchkula for ultrasound examination.