Class VII scholarship results announced
- NSA-level talks off: After war of words, India and Pak decide not to talk
- Security forces do their part, Saranda now waits for govt
- Death in Kerala’s mammoth love story, 50-year-old mourns alone
- Unbothered by NSA talks: At an India-Pakistan fair, they pick up the threads
- Kashmiri separatist leaders Bilal Lone, Shabir Shah and 2 others put under house arrest in Delhi
The scholarship exam organised by the Maharashtra State Council of Examinations (MSCE) saw 42.84 per cent pass percentage this year. Ankita Shiledar, a student from Kolhapur, topped the exam scoring 290 marks out of 300. The exam was conducted on March 27. The results of the scholarship exam for Class IV are expected to be declared by June 15.
The exam is organised for students of Class VII. Students who clear the exam receive a scholarship of Rs 150 every month. Last year, the pass percentage was 47 per cent, which has gone down by about 5 per cent this year. Mahavir Mane, commissioner (MSCE), said, "We received around 7.77 lakh applications for the exam out of which about 6.91 lakh appeared for the exam."
The exam was conducted at 3,773 centres across the state. "This year, the format of the question paper was different. The paper had only objective type questions. A total of almost 3.14 lakh students passed the exam. The pass percentage of Pune was 34.16 per cent," added Mane.