Class VII scholarship results announced
- Matter is serious, will take action against Bhagwat Mann: Speaker
- Hooliganism going on in name of gau raksha: Gujarat Chief Secretary
- Adarsh Society case: SC stays demolition, asks Defence Ministry to 'secure' building
- SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Jammu and Kashmir
- ED slaps money laundering case against former Haryana CM BS Hooda
The scholarship exam organised by the Maharashtra State Council of Examinations (MSCE) saw 42.84 per cent pass percentage this year. Ankita Shiledar, a student from Kolhapur, topped the exam scoring 290 marks out of 300. The exam was conducted on March 27. The results of the scholarship exam for Class IV are expected to be declared by June 15.
The exam is organised for students of Class VII. Students who clear the exam receive a scholarship of Rs 150 every month. Last year, the pass percentage was 47 per cent, which has gone down by about 5 per cent this year. Mahavir Mane, commissioner (MSCE), said, "We received around 7.77 lakh applications for the exam out of which about 6.91 lakh appeared for the exam."
The exam was conducted at 3,773 centres across the state. "This year, the format of the question paper was different. The paper had only objective type questions. A total of almost 3.14 lakh students passed the exam. The pass percentage of Pune was 34.16 per cent," added Mane.
- Pakistan’s dependence on Saudi Arabia stands in their way against Islamic terrorism
- Protest over the demolition of Ambedkar Bhavan reveals a divided Dalit community
- Punjab’s drug problem is a national security issue
- Simultaneous elections will allow governments to devote four years for governance
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China