Class XI student gangraped in Haryana, four accused arrested
- Justice K T Thomas quits as head of Lokpal search panel
- Sharing stage with Paswan, Modi attacks Nitish Kumar
- India's vote on UN resolution against Sri Lanka over war crimes to depend on draft text
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
In yet another incident of gangrape involving a teenage girl in Haryana, a Class XI student was allegedly sexually assaulted by four men in the godown of a shop in Gohana town in Sonepat district.
All four accused have been arrested, Gohana's Deputy Superintendent of Police, Yashpal Singh Khatana, said today.
The 16-year-old girl, a student of a private school, was raped on Thursday afternoon when she had gone to the shop to buy something.
The shop owner, identified as Kali, told her to pick the items from the godown where he raped her along with Harish, Santy and Deepak, Khatana said.
The girl was threatened of dire consequences if she narrated the incident to anybody, he said, adding that she confided in her mother following which a police complaint was lodged by her uncle yesterday.
"We had arrested Kali and Harish yesterday while Santy and Deepak were nabbed today," the DSP said.
All the accused belong to Gohana, he said.
The incident comes close on the heels of alleged gangrape with a 32-year-old woman in Jind district and a teenage girl in a Hisar village on September 9.