Class XI student gangraped in Haryana, four accused arrested
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal slapped in Delhi; FIR filed against Beni Prasad Verma in UP
- Amit Shah will destroy secular fabric of UP: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- BJP's election manifesto is for, by and of Narendra Modi
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
In yet another incident of gangrape involving a teenage girl in Haryana, a Class XI student was allegedly sexually assaulted by four men in the godown of a shop in Gohana town in Sonepat district.
All four accused have been arrested, Gohana's Deputy Superintendent of Police, Yashpal Singh Khatana, said today.
The 16-year-old girl, a student of a private school, was raped on Thursday afternoon when she had gone to the shop to buy something.
The shop owner, identified as Kali, told her to pick the items from the godown where he raped her along with Harish, Santy and Deepak, Khatana said.
The girl was threatened of dire consequences if she narrated the incident to anybody, he said, adding that she confided in her mother following which a police complaint was lodged by her uncle yesterday.
"We had arrested Kali and Harish yesterday while Santy and Deepak were nabbed today," the DSP said.
All the accused belong to Gohana, he said.
The incident comes close on the heels of alleged gangrape with a 32-year-old woman in Jind district and a teenage girl in a Hisar village on September 9.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city