Class XI student gangraped in Haryana, four accused arrested
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
In yet another incident of gangrape involving a teenage girl in Haryana, a Class XI student was allegedly sexually assaulted by four men in the godown of a shop in Gohana town in Sonepat district.
All four accused have been arrested, Gohana's Deputy Superintendent of Police, Yashpal Singh Khatana, said today.
The 16-year-old girl, a student of a private school, was raped on Thursday afternoon when she had gone to the shop to buy something.
The shop owner, identified as Kali, told her to pick the items from the godown where he raped her along with Harish, Santy and Deepak, Khatana said.
The girl was threatened of dire consequences if she narrated the incident to anybody, he said, adding that she confided in her mother following which a police complaint was lodged by her uncle yesterday.
"We had arrested Kali and Harish yesterday while Santy and Deepak were nabbed today," the DSP said.
All the accused belong to Gohana, he said.
The incident comes close on the heels of alleged gangrape with a 32-year-old woman in Jind district and a teenage girl in a Hisar village on September 9.