Class XII student abducted, raped and dumped in Delhi's Palam
- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
A 17-year-old girl was allegedly abducted, raped and dumped near Palam in southwest Delhi on Tuesday evening. The girl, a Class XII student, told police that she was taken to a farmhouse and raped by a man who knew her friend. Police said they have identified the accused who has as many as 16 cases against him.
According to police, the girl was introduced to the accused by her male friend. The man offered to drop them home in his car.
"The girl complained that her friend got down at Dwarka Sector 9, and requested his friend to drop her at Dwarka Sector 23. She was reluctant to go with a stranger but the man assured her that he would drop her home safely. But he then drove the car to a farmhouse," a senior police officer said.
The girl told police that she raised the alarm as he drove the car to a secluded farmhouse.
She said she was raped there and later dumped near Palam. She then contacted her friend who had introduced her to the accused. The friend called the police control room.
The girl was taken to a hospital where a medical examination was conducted.
A case of kidnapping and rape has been registered. "The accused has 16 criminal cases registered against him. We have sent out teams, he will be arrested soon," a senior police officer said.
Five-year-old gangraped, battling for life
A five-year-old girl is battling for life in GTB Hospital, where she was admitted after she was abducted and gangraped by two men in New Seemapuri, Northeast Delhi.
Her condition, according to police, is critical and she is under observation.
Police said the girl was playing outside her house when the men, who were on a motorcycle, abducted her. The men rode to a secluded spot and took turns to rape her. The men have not been identified yet, police said.
- Article 370 was honoured in the breach and the autonomy promised to J&K has been chipped away from time to time
- Violence against Dalits is not something that began in past two years as the tenor of debate in Parliament
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own.
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first