Class XII student abducted, raped and dumped in Delhi's Palam
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Prime Minister could not understand coalition politics, says Jaiswal
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
A 17-year-old girl was allegedly abducted, raped and dumped near Palam in southwest Delhi on Tuesday evening. The girl, a Class XII student, told police that she was taken to a farmhouse and raped by a man who knew her friend. Police said they have identified the accused who has as many as 16 cases against him.
According to police, the girl was introduced to the accused by her male friend. The man offered to drop them home in his car.
"The girl complained that her friend got down at Dwarka Sector 9, and requested his friend to drop her at Dwarka Sector 23. She was reluctant to go with a stranger but the man assured her that he would drop her home safely. But he then drove the car to a farmhouse," a senior police officer said.
The girl told police that she raised the alarm as he drove the car to a secluded farmhouse.
She said she was raped there and later dumped near Palam. She then contacted her friend who had introduced her to the accused. The friend called the police control room.
The girl was taken to a hospital where a medical examination was conducted.
A case of kidnapping and rape has been registered. "The accused has 16 criminal cases registered against him. We have sent out teams, he will be arrested soon," a senior police officer said.
Five-year-old gangraped, battling for life
A five-year-old girl is battling for life in GTB Hospital, where she was admitted after she was abducted and gangraped by two men in New Seemapuri, Northeast Delhi.
Her condition, according to police, is critical and she is under observation.
Police said the girl was playing outside her house when the men, who were on a motorcycle, abducted her. The men rode to a secluded spot and took turns to rape her. The men have not been identified yet, police said.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready