Class XII student abducted, raped and dumped in Delhi's Palam
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
A 17-year-old girl was allegedly abducted, raped and dumped near Palam in southwest Delhi on Tuesday evening. The girl, a Class XII student, told police that she was taken to a farmhouse and raped by a man who knew her friend. Police said they have identified the accused who has as many as 16 cases against him.
According to police, the girl was introduced to the accused by her male friend. The man offered to drop them home in his car.
"The girl complained that her friend got down at Dwarka Sector 9, and requested his friend to drop her at Dwarka Sector 23. She was reluctant to go with a stranger but the man assured her that he would drop her home safely. But he then drove the car to a farmhouse," a senior police officer said.
The girl told police that she raised the alarm as he drove the car to a secluded farmhouse.
She said she was raped there and later dumped near Palam. She then contacted her friend who had introduced her to the accused. The friend called the police control room.
The girl was taken to a hospital where a medical examination was conducted.
A case of kidnapping and rape has been registered. "The accused has 16 criminal cases registered against him. We have sent out teams, he will be arrested soon," a senior police officer said.
Five-year-old gangraped, battling for life
A five-year-old girl is battling for life in GTB Hospital, where she was admitted after she was abducted and gangraped by two men in New Seemapuri, Northeast Delhi.
Her condition, according to police, is critical and she is under observation.
Police said the girl was playing outside her house when the men, who were on a motorcycle, abducted her. The men rode to a secluded spot and took turns to rape her. The men have not been identified yet, police said.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?