Class XII student raped by boyfriend, two others
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
A youth allegedly raped his girlfriend after taking her out on the pretext of seeing a movie and forcing her to drink alcohol in a village near Jalandhar Cantonment area, police said today.
The class XII student yesterday lodged a complaint against Harpreet Singh alias Happy that he and his two friends, on the pretext of showing her a movie, had taken her to a village near Cant area and raped her in a house on January 20.
According to the complaint, when the victim resisted, she was beaten up and made to drink alcohol. Happy and his two friends raped her and threatened to kill her if she told anyone, the victim had stated in her complaint, police inspector Rajendra Sharma said.
They then left her in front of her house in semi-conscious state.
The case has been registered after a week of the incident, as the girl was reluctant to disclose what had happened with her, and only on repeated questioning by her parents, she told them about it yesterday, Sharma said.
Singh has been arrested, and the girl has been sent to hospital for medical examination, the inspector said.
The names of the two friends of Singh have not been added to the FIR at the moment, Sharma said.
Investigation was on and only after it was proved that they too were involved in the rape, that an FIR would be lodged against them, he said.