Cleaning staff electrocuted in Noida bar
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
A 19-year-old man was electrocuted on Thursday morning at an upscale bar in Sector 26 in Noida. Police said Hasan Mandal, hailing from West Bengal, was part of the cleaning staff at 'Gravity', a bar in Jaipuria Mall in Sector 26.
A police officer said, "The incident took place around 2.30 am, after the bar had closed for the night. Mandal was wiping the floor with a wet cloth, when he came into contact with a live wire under the refrigerator. He was rushed to a nearby hospital by his colleagues, where he died. His body has been sent for post-mortem examination."
The officer said no case has been registered so far. "We have not received a complaint so far. But we are looking at whether there was any negligence on the part of the management of the bar. If we find anything to this end, then we will take action. We are speaking to representatives of the management to find out more about the incident," the officer said.