Cleaning staff electrocuted in Noida bar
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
A 19-year-old man was electrocuted on Thursday morning at an upscale bar in Sector 26 in Noida. Police said Hasan Mandal, hailing from West Bengal, was part of the cleaning staff at 'Gravity', a bar in Jaipuria Mall in Sector 26.
A police officer said, "The incident took place around 2.30 am, after the bar had closed for the night. Mandal was wiping the floor with a wet cloth, when he came into contact with a live wire under the refrigerator. He was rushed to a nearby hospital by his colleagues, where he died. His body has been sent for post-mortem examination."
The officer said no case has been registered so far. "We have not received a complaint so far. But we are looking at whether there was any negligence on the part of the management of the bar. If we find anything to this end, then we will take action. We are speaking to representatives of the management to find out more about the incident," the officer said.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18