Cleaning staff electrocuted in Noida bar
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
A 19-year-old man was electrocuted on Thursday morning at an upscale bar in Sector 26 in Noida. Police said Hasan Mandal, hailing from West Bengal, was part of the cleaning staff at 'Gravity', a bar in Jaipuria Mall in Sector 26.
A police officer said, "The incident took place around 2.30 am, after the bar had closed for the night. Mandal was wiping the floor with a wet cloth, when he came into contact with a live wire under the refrigerator. He was rushed to a nearby hospital by his colleagues, where he died. His body has been sent for post-mortem examination."
The officer said no case has been registered so far. "We have not received a complaint so far. But we are looking at whether there was any negligence on the part of the management of the bar. If we find anything to this end, then we will take action. We are speaking to representatives of the management to find out more about the incident," the officer said.