Cleaning staff electrocuted in Noida bar

A 19-year-old man was electrocuted on Thursday morning at an upscale bar in Sector 26 in Noida. Police said Hasan Mandal, hailing from West Bengal, was part of the cleaning staff at 'Gravity', a bar in Jaipuria Mall in Sector 26.

A police officer said, "The incident took place around 2.30 am, after the bar had closed for the night. Mandal was wiping the floor with a wet cloth, when he came into contact with a live wire under the refrigerator. He was rushed to a nearby hospital by his colleagues, where he died. His body has been sent for post-mortem examination."

The officer said no case has been registered so far. "We have not received a complaint so far. But we are looking at whether there was any negligence on the part of the management of the bar. If we find anything to this end, then we will take action. We are speaking to representatives of the management to find out more about the incident," the officer said.

Please read our terms of use before posting comments
TERMS OF USE: The views, opinions and comments posted are your, and are not endorsed by this website. You shall be solely responsible for the comment posted here. The website reserves the right to delete, reject, or otherwise remove any views, opinions and comments posted or part thereof. You shall ensure that the comment is not inflammatory, abusive, derogatory, defamatory &/or obscene, or contain pornographic matter and/or does not constitute hate mail, or violate privacy of any person (s) or breach confidentiality or otherwise is illegal, immoral or contrary to public policy. Nor should it contain anything infringing copyright &/or intellectual property rights of any person(s).
comments powered by Disqus