CLT20: Batting performance embarrassing, says Gautam Gambhir
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- Elections 2014 LIVE: FIR against Azam Khan; Rahul to file nomination papers today
Kolkata Knight Riders captain Gautam Gambhir today conceded that his side's batting performance in their 52-run defeat against Delhi Daredevils in the Champions League Twenty20 match here was embarrassing but said that they would bounce back into the tournament.
"We played every badly and it was an embarrassing batting performance from us. But it is long way to go. We have the talent and we will come back into the tournament," he said after the match.
Asked pointedly about his side's disappointing batting show, Gambhir, who was out for a golden duck, said, "But this things happen. Sometimes you can't hold on to the momentum. It was a good wicket. One of us had to bat through. If one of our top four got 70, we would have won."
"Credit to Irfan Pathan and Morne Morkel, and all Delhi fast bowlers. They bowled really well," he said.
KKR pacer Lakshmipathy Balaji conceded 61 runs for two wickets in his four overs, but Gambhir defended his bowler.
"Bala had a tough day today, other wise we were in the game," said Gambhir.
Daredevils captain Mahela Jayawardene was happy that his side made an aggressive start but said that they would need improvement in some areas if they want to go the distance.
"We wanted to start the tournament well, be aggressive and we have done that today. Everybody showed that. Unmukt
batted really well. He showed a lot of maturity," he said.
"We were probably 10-15 short, but the bowlers came along superbly. Useful attack in these conditions, but we still have to do the job everyday. Very good start, but we have to keep it going," he added.
Man-of-the-match Irfan Pathan said he was happy that he has got his inswinging deliveries back.
"Came out really nicely. Getting wickets early on gave me the confidence to me and to the team. Credit should go the batsmen for giving a good total to defend. They played really well, especially Unmukt," said Pathan.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit