Clubs hire woman bouncers to take on tipplers, escort out tipsy revellers
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
As the UT police focuses on the need to have woman bouncers, during the parties on New Year's eve, various clubs and bar owners are gearing up to adhere to the directive of the UT police. While some have already hired a few lady bouncers, others are still scrambling.
Kava, in Sector 26, has come up with some elaborate security plans for the eve. Says Gulab, manager at the pub cum restaurant, "For New Year's eve, we have already hired two female bouncers. In any case, from now on, we will make sure that we have at least one lady bouncer at every party".
Score, a discotheque cum club, in Sector 8, is also a hot spot for the youth. Poonam, public relations manager of Score said, "We have two female bouncers on a regular basis but the new year party is going to be huge, as we have performances by international belly dancers and the in-house DJ. We are planning to have at least five to six woman bouncers for our female crowd".
Blue Blazer in Sector 26, has PUNJABI MC playing at their club at the New Year party. Vipul Kumar, spokesperson of the Blue Blazer feels that the woman bouncers are very important for a club. "We have at least one lady bouncer at all our parties and two woman bouncers at the Saturday night parties as people hit the club more on the weekends, but on the occasion of the new year we are planning to have at least four woman bouncers," he says.
On being asked if the woman bouncers are really needed at such parties, he said, "From checking all the females if they are carrying any sort of drugs, outside liquor or any objectionable material to carrying the drunk females to their cars, they help us in various ways. Moreover if a girl faces any sort of teasing or uneasiness she would be more comfortable telling it to a woman bouncer and not a male one. It makes them an indispensible part of our parties".
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer