Clubs hire woman bouncers to take on tipplers, escort out tipsy revellers
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
Kava, in Sector 26, has come up with some elaborate security plans for the eve. Says Gulab, manager at the pub cum restaurant, "For New Year's eve, we have already hired two female bouncers. In any case, from now on, we will make sure that we have at least one lady bouncer at every party".
Score, a discotheque cum club, in Sector 8, is also a hot spot for the youth. Poonam, public relations manager of Score said, "We have two female bouncers on a regular basis but the new year party is going to be huge, as we have performances by international belly dancers and the in-house DJ. We are planning to have at least five to six woman bouncers for our female crowd".
Blue Blazer in Sector 26, has PUNJABI MC playing at their club at the New Year party. Vipul Kumar, spokesperson of the Blue Blazer feels that the woman bouncers are very important for a club. "We have at least one lady bouncer at all our parties and two woman bouncers at the Saturday night parties as people hit the club more on the weekends, but on the occasion of the new year we are planning to have at least four woman bouncers," he says.
On being asked if the woman bouncers are really needed at such parties, he said, "From checking all the females if they are carrying any sort of drugs, outside liquor or any objectionable material to carrying the drunk females to their cars, they help us in various ways. Moreover if a girl faces any sort of teasing or uneasiness she would be more comfortable telling it to a woman bouncer and not a male one. It makes them an indispensible part of our parties".
Kamlesh Pandey, manager of Lemon Fusion 35 in Sector 35 said, "We were concerned about the security of women guests even during last year's New year party, even before the passing of any such order. Even though the woman bouncers have to be paid more than the male ones, we don't mind paying them more as long as they look after the people well"
The efforts of the UT police to make the city safer for women have surely shown results as the women feel protected enough to step out of their houses for celebrating New Year.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly