Clubs hire woman bouncers to take on tipplers, escort out tipsy revellers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
Kamlesh Pandey, manager of Lemon Fusion 35 in Sector 35 said, "We were concerned about the security of women guests even during last year's New year party, even before the passing of any such order. Even though the woman bouncers have to be paid more than the male ones, we don't mind paying them more as long as they look after the people well"
The efforts of the UT police to make the city safer for women have surely shown results as the women feel protected enough to step out of their houses for celebrating New Year.
Tavleen Reen, a law student at the PU, said "I am relieved to some extent after knowing that such kind of measures are being taken by the police. I won't hesitate to attend any party now when I am in a guarded environment".
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'