CM calls for early completion of CP redevelopment
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Miffed over slow pace of Connaught Place redevelopment project, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Thursday directed the contractor to complete the work at the earliest.
The project was supposed to be completed before the Commonwealth Games in October 2010. The contractor Engineers India Limited (EIL) has set a deadline of December 31 to finish all the pending work.
Dikshit issued the direction to EIL when a delegation of New Delhi Traders' Association called on Dikshit, requesting her to ensure early completion of the work.
The Chief Minister directed NDMC to review the progress regularly as delay in the project is causing losses to traders and inconvenience to public. The contractor has already missed several deadlines.
In September last year, too, Dikshit had issued a similar directive asking the contractor to prepare a chart listing the progress of work on a monthly basis.
In the second phase of redevelopment, eight subways in the Outer Circle and a tunnel in the Middle Circle are being constructed.
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today
- Class XII exams clash with polls, 4 postponed
- 11 traffic cops suspended for cop-out at key junctions