Raja Bhaiyya's wings clipped by Akhilesh Yadav
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Tharoor mocks at Modi's meeting with actors; 80 pc polling in Inner Manipur
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Karthik-led DD face RCB
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today changed the portfolios of several cabinet ministers and allotted portfolios to the newly inducted ministers, including of Raja Bhaiyya.
Although there was no official release, it is learnt that Akhilesh had shed two of his ministries — Tourism and Additional Sources of Energy.
Cabinet minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya was stripped of the Prison portfolio, which will now be headed by cabinet minister Rajendra Choudhary.
Transport Minister Raja Aridaman Singh and Stamps Registration Minister Durga Prasad Yadav have swapped their departments. Raj Kishore Singh has been given Minor Irrigation while his previous department of Horticulture and Food processing will be looked after by Paras Nath Yadav.
Shivpal Yadav has been given another department — Land Development and Water Resources — while Om Prakash Singh who held it earlier has been given Tourism. Protocol Minister Abhishek Mishra will now look after Science and Technology.
Among the newly appointed ministers who took oath on Thursday, Vijay Kumar Mishra, who was minister of state (independent charge), will head Additional Sources of Energy.
Among the state ministers, Nitin Agarwal got Medical and Health, Manoj Pandey got Agriculture, Tej Narain Pandey got Entertainment Tax, Vijay Bahadur Pal and Vinod Kumar Singh both got secondary education, Alok Shakya got Technical Education, Gayatri Prajapati got Irrigation, Ram Murti Verma got Social welfare, Yogesh Pratap Singh got Basic Education and Ram Sakal Gurjar got Programme implementation.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18